Foraged For You - The MOTHERS Blend | 220g Sale
- Regular price $95.00
Brand: Foraged For You
- Product Info
- Why To The Ingredients
- How To Use
- Nutritional Information
- Difference Between Mothers and Childrens Blend
About The Mothers Blend...
The Mothers Blend is a certified organic blend of carefully selected, real and fermented foods containing lactobacillus probiotics. The Mothers Blend has been developed specifically with pregnant and breastfeeding women in mind. It is however a nutrient dense powerhouse that can be incorporated into any individuals diet, regardless of age or gender.
We cannot wait to nourish you x
Contains no gluten, dairy, synthetics, fillers, artificial colours, artificial sweeteners, flavours or preservatives. All natural, no GMO ingredients.
100% organic fermented blend powder (red lentils, camu camu, broccoli, chlorella, spinach, pepitas, beetroot, molasses), organic beetroot juice powder, organic freeze dried grass fed and free range beef liver powder, organic Atlantic kelp powder, sweetener (naturally occuring organic steviol glycoside within stevia powder).
Free from artificial sweeteners, colours, flavours, synthetics or preservatives. All natural, no GMO ingredients.
Made with 100% certified organic supplement & ingredients.
Grass fed + free-range Beef liver powder
Nature's true multivitamin, and to me, one of the best superfoods available to man (or in this case, woman!). Liver holds a major source of choline, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin A, B12 and K2. I am yet to discover an alternative food that matches or exceeds the nutrient content. As there is one liver per animal, a little goes a long way. This little dose every day will contribute to your overall intake of these vital nutrients during your journey.
Kelp is one of nature’s richest sources of iodine. Iodine is required by all individuals and is quite often forgotten, though the demands become much higher during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. It is important for energy, mental health, clarity and more. In the first trimester of pregnancy, the demand for higher thyroid hormone production can increase dramatically, however the ability for this depends greatly on the availability of iodine and it must be supplied through diet. Not only this, iodine can also help with hair growth, which is ideal if you experience postpartum hair loss - but of course this depends on your personal cause.
Camu camu is an incredible source of vitamin C. There are many camu camu products on the market, but I promise you that I have sourced the highest in vitamin C content available, as I found they vary greatly through my research. Vitamin C is of course critical for your immune system, which is often affected during pregnancy. After you have your precious baby, your immune system requires a great deal of support, particularly when you are sleeping less and have heightened stress levels due to more physical and emotional demands. Your adrenal glands that support you during stress are usually saturated in vitamin C, therefore vitamin C can quickly become depleted during stress. A continual support of this important vitamin is crucial during this time.
Chlorella is a rich source of chlorophyll, iodine, selenium, folate and magnesium. Chlorella, predominantly due to the chlorophyll content, can also aid in lowering the exposure of environmental toxins to you and your baby. One example of a common pollutant is dioxin. A study that was conducted showed that when pregnant women supplemented with chlorella, it lowered the dioxin levels in breastmilk post pregnancy, therefore indicating slow and gentle detoxification of the mother. It also increased the IgA levels in breastmilk, which supports the infants immune system. Another study revealed that continued chlorella supplementation lowered mercury exposure to the infant and mother
Broccoli has been added for fibre, folate, vitamin C, chlorophyll and sulphur. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable, which have been shown to enhance the liver's ability to detoxify, mainly due to their sulphur content which supports lowering the exposure of toxins to you and your growing baby. The vitamin C in broccoli is typically destroyed during cooking due to its sensitivity to heat, however in this product it is kept raw and instead fermented foods to ensure enhanced availability of nutrient dense foods and better digestion.
Spinach is high in micronutrients like folate, iron and magnesium. I ensured this was fermented so it reduces oxalates for those that are sensitive. The fermentation also enhances the availability of the nutrients found in spinach.
Not only are they one of the richest sources of folate, they also assist with the fermentation process of the other ingredients. When they are fermented, they are pre-digested by beneficial bacteria which make them much easier to digest. Some might be surprised that I included lentils, but I couldn’t resist when they could firstly be fermented and secondly be such a brilliant source of folate.
Fermented pumpkin seeds
These were chosen for their zinc and magnesium content, recommended by a beautiful Naturopath Helen Padarin. And like the lentils, they were also added to help with the fermentation process. The fermentation of these enhances the nutrient bioavailability, ensures better digestion and reduces anti-nutrients that can be found in nuts, seeds, grains and legumes.
Fermented beetroot and beetroot juice
Not only is beetroot extremely rich in folate, it is also high in naturally occurring nitrates which have a beneficial effect on our blood vessels and blood pressure, which can often be impacted in pregnancy. However, when I tasted beetroot juice powder for the first time (in which the universe literally delivered it to my door by accident), I was in shock at how much it tasted like a lolly! So, beetroot juice powder has been added predominantly due to its folate content, but also for its delicious taste!
Before you question the sugar content, it gets eaten up by the good bacteria in the fermentation process! It is high quality, organic molasses that has been added to not only start the fermentation process, though to also provide an array of additional micronutrients.
Naturally occurring probiotics from the fermentation process
The probiotics are present due to the fermentation process, though we do add a starter culture to ensure that the presence of probiotics remain beneficial and specific. Probiotics also support our immune system, mental health, skin and digestion.
For just a touch of sweetness, but don’t worry - it isn’t overpowering and doesn’t leave an aftertaste!
How to use it daily: Mix the recommended dosage on the bottle for the correct age group into a small glass of icy cold water, juice, smoothie or sparkling probiotic beverage. Alternatively you can blend it through bliss balls, slices or anything you or your little one pleases! Keep it raw (do not heat), so the nutrients remain intact and the probiotics remain live.
Other ways we all love to have it:
Whilst we often just use a spoon, water and the blend to roughly mix it in a glass and guzzle, I understand some of you want to make sure it is completely emulsified - and this is totally possible! Because the blend is free from chemical emulsifiers (eg soy lecithin), the blend will need a little help to completely mix in water, and the following quick and easy methods help you do just that.
If you are very nauseous or fussy, you could use a juice instead of water. Whilst to me and many the beetroot juice makes for a sweet taste, organic supplement, pure apple, orange or pineapple juice would be so, so delicious!
- Add your dose to any jar (however we love using a leftover clean Foraged jar) along with just a ¼ - ½ cup of water or juice. Shake, shake, shake! It will completely emulsify and is like having a juice with zero pulp. Guzzle this down and continue with your day.
- Blitz the dose and ¼-½ cup of water in your blender just for a few seconds. It will also be completely emulsified just like a pure juice.
- Combine the dose with a very small amount of water and turn it into a paste-like consistency using a spoon. Once it forms a paste, add a little more water and it again will be fully emulsified. Guzzle!
- Add it into a smoothie or smoothie bowl. There is a recipe on Foraged For You's Instagram feed , that includes foods like strawberry or blueberry, some frozen bananas, coconut cream, coconut milk or coconut yogurt, pure grass fed collagen powder, cucumber and zucchini.
- Blueberry (or any berry!) gummies! This recipe is also on Foraged For You's Instagram feed.
- Gelatine capsules. Whilst this might seem tedious, reports have been that it is super easy and can be worthwhile for those that are very nauseous. You can get gelatine capsules from a health food store or chemist, and just spoon it in. It seems obvious, but just make sure that depending on the size of your capsules, you have the correct dose for you.
Servings per package: 29
Serving size: 7.5g
Average Quantity per serving
Average Quantity per 100g
Average Quantity per 100mL*
LESS THAN 1 g
LESS THAN 1 g
|LESS THAN 1 g
Min. 293 ug (195% RDI)
Min. 3900 µg
Min. 114 µg
Min. 25 million CFU**
Min. 333 million CFU**
Min. 9.7 million CFU**
** Colony forming unit
* When made up according to the directions with 250 mL water
Everybody can benefit from enhancing their nutrient intake to support their immune support, nervous system, energy and more to thrive and function at their best. So, after supporting thousands upon thousands of pregnant women and mothers with The Mothers Blend, the most common question we received was ‘Can I and how much can I give to my ‘xx’ year old?’. It became a non-negotiable to create a children’s blend specifically suited to their nutrient needs.
Introducing, The Children’s Blend.
The Children's Blend
Made from some of the world's most nutrient-dense and fermented foods, this food or daily supplement (call it how you wish!) contains specific vitamins and minerals that are important for your child's growth and development in the most perfect balance. Packed with fermented foods that aid digestion and boost immune function, this probiotic blend is designed to support growing bubbas with a little more ease. It can be challenging (and sometimes annoying…) to consistently incorporate foods like kelp for iodine, liver for iron, B vitamins, zinc, choline and folate, fermented foods, green vegetables and vitamin C rich foods like Camu Camu, so this is why it was placed all in the one magical powder.
So, what’s actually in The Children’s Blend and what makes it so great for kids? On top of all The Mothers Blend ingredients, which you can learn about in detail here, you’ll find three key additions that set The Children’s Blend apart and optimise it for children’s needs.
The Key Changes and 3 Key Ingredients That Make This Organic Supplement Perfect For Kids
The iodine in kelp was lowered
Too little iodine can be a problem, and too much iodine can be a problem. Whilst it is fine to give your little one The Mothers Blend and just a much smaller amount. However, it was important to provide the precise right dose for the age of your little one. Iodine can be a challenging nutrient to optimize due to the small array of foods it is in, kelp being the richest source. So we have made this a little easier for you!
While our original Mothers Blend also contains camu camu, we have upped the dose for our Children’s Blend organic supplement. It is high in vitamin C and other nutrients, such as calcium, potassium, and amino acids, making it a powerful ingredient to support your immune system.
Here are a few potential benefits of camu camu powder for children:
- Supports immune function: Camu camu powder is an excellent source of vitamin C, which is an important nutrient for maintaining a healthy immune system. Vitamin C can help protect against infections and support the body's natural healing process.
- Supports cognitive health: Some research suggests that camu camu powder may help improve memory and cognitive function in children.
Reduce inflammation: Camu camu powder contains antioxidants, which are compounds that can help protect the body against harmful free radicals and
- reduce inflammation. This may be beneficial for children with chronic conditions such as asthma or allergies.
Elderberry is a type of berry that is traditionally used to support the immune system and may have other potential health benefits. Here are a few potential benefits of elderberry for children:
- Supports immune function: Elderberry is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to help support the immune system. It may help reduce the severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms.
- Reduce inflammation: Elderberry contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation, which may be beneficial for children with chronic conditions such as asthma or allergies.
- Antiviral properties: Some research suggests that elderberry may have antiviral properties and may be effective at fighting off viral infections.
Chamomile is known for its calming properties and may have other potential health benefits. Whilst there is just a touch of chamomile, even a tea can bring the benefits of chamomile, so a little can go a long way. It isn’t harmful to incorporate more chamomile, though, so if you love the sound of what chamomile is known for, incorporate it in other ways, too!
Here are a few potential benefits of chamomile for children and babies:
- Reduce anxiety and improve sleep: Chamomile has long been used as a natural remedy for anxiety and insomnia. It may help relax the mind and body, and promote a sense of calm.
- Relieve colic symptoms: Chamomile has been known to support digestive health and ease infant colic symptoms such as gastrointestinal pain, cramping, and bloating.
- Sooth sore teeth: Traditionally in western medicine, Chamomile has been used to relieve teething pain. A great idea would be to pop the blend into ice-block moulds with breastmilk, an alternative milk, coconut water or alike and allow your bubba or toddler to enjoy it for a little relief!
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Chamomile contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation, which may be beneficial for children with certain conditions such as allergies or eczema.
- Antibacterial properties: Some research suggests that chamomile may have antibacterial properties and may be effective at fighting off bacterial infections.
Shipping is calculated upon checkout.
Shipping is capped at $15.00 and is free for orders over $200.
We use Australia Post for all our freight. You will receive tracking upon your order being posted from Natural Good Life.